A circular walk of 2.1 miles (3.3km) - allow 1 hour.
This delightful walk starts at Brockhill Country Park, a Site of Conservation Interest. The park, once part of the estate of a Norman manor, has a central lake and full facilities for a family day out, including refreshments.
The walk leads from the park through Willow Wood and on along quiet country lanes. The woodland was previously used in salt preparation. It was burned to help evaporate water from saltpans along the seashore.
The route passes through the beautiful village of Saltwood, and offers the chance to admire the impressive 12th century parish church dedicated to St Peter and St Paul.
The life of local villagers was disrupted by earthquakes in the 17th and 18th centuries, which caused substantial damage to buildings and the nearby Saltwood Castle.
The Domesday Book states that Saltwood Castle, held by the Archbishop of Canterbury, was let to Hugo de Montfort, who fought with William the Conqueror at the Battle of Hastings in 1066.
In December 1170, 4 knights stayed at Saltwood Castle before riding to Canterbury, where they murdered Archbishop Thomas Becket.